Friday, October 02, 2009

Changes!

So due to a special ed student moving out of the district (not MY student mind you) and ME being the last aid hired AND the fact that our school as ABSOLUTELY no discretionary budget for spare aids, My position at the elementary school was dissolved.. in REAL terms I was laid off, I have a GREAT principal who lamented and was sorry and felt terrible and seemed VERY sincere but said the Middle school had just been approved for 4 new aids and there might be something that could be a good "FIT" for me...

so with only 2 days notice life has been up ended and I'm not at the middle school as of Monday, this means KayLea is now in the before school program which she is ECSTATIC about, but Ben and I are both having to "get good with" it's a GREAT program and she'll only need to be there like 40 minutes before school it's VERY in-expensive and she has LOADS of friends.. she's excited... so that's good..

there are some "pro's" in all of this.. all of the kids I would be an aid to are COMPLETELY potty trained, and most if not all RARELY fall into a puddle onto the floor and refuse to move... my back will be grateful...

some "con's" I will be in Hunter's cluster (his group of teachers)... I don't know yet if I will be in any of his actual classes but he seems excited for this, I'm nervous we'll just have to take a "Wait and see" attitude about this, as I told the person I met with today about the position.. "I won't know if it's not going to work until it doesn't"...

so as I posted already on face book the only constant in live is CHANGE... don't I know it.. I am taking a "wait and see" attitude about it all, if it doesn't work out it won't be the worst thing to ever happen and I'll sub or something while I'm awaiting a new position at the elementary school...

ta ta for now..
p.s. it's COLD Heater's going on tonight and we had a fire in the fireplace today... yea summer's officially OVER!!!

No comments: