Wednesday, January 12, 2011

we survived 28 inches of snow!

I know I should have taken a picture before the kids took care of the snow that was against the slider..it was really high!


you can get a better idea of how much snow fell today by how high it is on the bbq


and yes we had to shovel a path for Rowdy to do his business.. he didn't like it at first but he seems to be rolling with it for now...
 so today was the first snow day of the season.. normally I dread these days.. the kids fight and are board etc. etc. BUT today (for the first time I think) they all did pretty good.. they did chores and played video games and played outside.. got along for the most part.. it was a good day...
thankfully it's stopped snowing and there will be school tomorrow.. skiing again tomorrow too so bonus!
so aren't you glad you don't live in the Arctic tundra?
ta ta

4 comments:

Cathy said...

We feel like wimps cause we had 9" by Monday morning. It was a snow day but Dad got pretty bored by afternoon but I wouldn't let him try to take us to the movies! Even yesterday I 30 was completely stopped and Sheridan schools haven't been open all week.

Stay Warm!

Cynthia Hatch said...

We got 24 inches and loved it. Hahaha. The schools we closed yesterday and are closed today as well. I guess they couldn't get them shoveled out or something. Then tomorrow it a teacher prep day so no school. Monday is a holiday so no school. Wow! All of the sudden we have a 6 day school break that we didn't know was coming. Dave is out of town so it is up to me to entertain them. Oh my.

Stephanie said...

Anytime you want to visit the sun, let me know. We've got plenty of it here (and I love, love, love it!)

sleepless said...

I am really loving my 80 degree weather today with blue sky and sunshine.....