![]() |
| the game arena before the event stated |
So below I'll take you through what the nuts and bolts of First robotics competitions
So the object of the whole thing is to create a robot that can do a series of things hopefully in these pictures I can re-create what we saw and you can be as amazed as we were that high school students made all these amazing robots!
So the first thing each robot is asked to do is move autonomously meaning WITH OUT anyone controlling it to forward and put an inflatable YELLOW tube on a row of pegs.. again this was AMAZING these robots were programmed to put these things up there.. some reminders this was the first time these robots had been tested in an official capacity so although we were totally blown away we really can't wait for 2 weeks to see the REAL competition and see these robots with all the bugs worked out...
So after the autonomous round the students can take the controls and then they need to get as many inflatable shapes on to the pegs the more they get one the more points they get..
| NH Senator Kelly Ayott |
| NH Governor John Lynch |
![]() |
| Will-i-am at the FIRST kick off.. video is NOT imbeded go to the first link above to watch if you want.. |
The short reason is this guy..Dean Kamon he invented this and lots of other things (see the link on his name to find other stuff).. he started the FIRST organization and he's from NH ie: the headquarters of First...
I have to say his little speach was very moving, he talked about his vision for this organization that engineers would team up with students in motivating their interestes in Math and Science.. and I have to say seeing all these kids in this gym all so excited and cheering when something they had a hand in making does something amazing was AMAZING!!!..
so thats what we did yesterday..
Brad had a great time.. Ben and I felt far and away out of our league as far as the intelligence levels in the room... we got a smart kid and YES we do believe Nerds will rule the world one day were at least glad one of them will be our kid...
tata



2 comments:
Nerds are awesome! Go Brad! I love that he's doing this. Keep us updated on his success.
Wow! I never thought I would ever read a story that had both will.i.am AND Dean Kamon. And on your blog nonetheless. Go Brad!
Post a Comment