Monday, August 22, 2011

21 years since our first date and STILL going strong

So Sat. was my 37th birthday.. yep i'm old!! But it also marked another significant milestone/anniversary.. it was 21 years since Ben and My first date... I suppose I should have done this blog post LAST year since 20 seems way more significant than 21 but who knows why I didn't so here is our "relationship" 21 yrs in the making in pictures.. only comentary will be captions on the pic's enjoy!
Ben soccer pic age 16
although this was NOT our first date it WAS at Disneyland..
wern't we so sweet we'd make your teeth ache!
Jr Prom 1991
Sadie Hawkins Dance I THINK 1991
Sr. Prom 1992, for the record "cap" sleves were considered quite modest in the day not so sure i'd agree w/ todays youth standards BUT at the time I was legal!
I think my grandmother was MORTIFIED that we shoved cake into each other's faces but all about the fun baby!
I had to add this picture because Ben's best friend David Hatch was like our 3rd in a treo throught our dating, friendship etc. when we told the photographer at our reception that we wanted a picture of the 3 of us he didn't quite know how to pose us.. Ben and I stood there w/ Ben's arm around me and the photographer kept hemming and hawing and finally Ben told Dave put your arm around her! so he did and he shot the picture and I love it.. truth be known My parents would get the question "who is KyLeyne dating, Ben or Dave?" allot!
this is not a picture I have framed anywhere but I just love it it shows how happy we were that day.
first family picture christmas 1996
in front of the Newport Beach Temple open house
last good family pic taken in 2009
 So there you have it folks.. Ben and I's 21 years in pictures.. It has been an incrediable 21 year roller coaster that I never want to get off!!!
ta ta

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Ok I'm officially freaking! You two were just Brads age. Bradly can not pick a spouse for 10 years min.

Love you both to pieces.

Cynthia Hatch said...

Great pictures. Love the one with Dave in it. So funny! Boy how time zooms by.