So I'm figuring with my HUGELY busy week I have ahead of me I'm posting this a tad bit early but I just had to recognize we will have a TEENAGER in our midst come Friday... Brad will turn 13~!!! I can't believe it.. I use to listen to people say "savor these moments because they go SO FAST" I'm here to tell you ITS TRUE!!! as you can see in the above picture he's gotten rid of the glasses and LOVES LOVES LOVES his contacts believe it or not when he got his contacts a few weeks ago we made him cut his hair (because with out the glasses the hair was way in his eyes!) but he got to choose the style and he has a DEFINITE idea of what he wants (kinda shaggy obviously).. I am so proud of this boy, he gave his first talk in Sac. Meeting last week and I know was SO nervous but did a GREAT job.. and he'll die if he reads this but HE SHAVED FOR THE FIRST TIME SUN ALSO!!! he's needed it for a while and would roll his eyes (another pass time of his) at me when I suggested to him and Ben that it NEEDED to get done.. He's VERY motivated (for the moment anyway) that he wants to go to BYU so he can snowboard on a REAL mountain (and ya know learn stuff too) so he KNOWS he has to get GREAT grades.. for some reason I've had the thought heavy on my mind that I only have 5 more years with him here at home.. and if these 13 years have gone by in an instant I can't think of the next 5... I just love this kid of mine that is now taller than I am and quickly catching Ben... I can't wait to see what is in store for him and I know he is capable of anything he sets his mind to!!!
on another note.. I'm not old enough to have a teenager.. I'm even willing to admit my and Ben's parents aren't old enough to have a teenage Grandson.. I think he was birthed in the woods or something.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! HA!
ta ta
3 comments:
We are so excited to spend time with the kids next week!!!!!!!! Will can't wait to get to know his cousins better. :-)
I can't believe that's a picture of our little Bradley. He's become such a handsome young man. You should be proud of him!
Keep telling him that BYU is the greatest place on earth, it would make Grandpa Jack very proud to have a grandson graduate from a lot of Lane's alma mater.
Yea for Bradley!
LOL, June 26th is also my 13th anniversery to moving to AR... Do you remember that day, ky?
Post a Comment