Monday, April 16, 2012

some things speak to my soul

So I have been in kind of a funk lately... we LOVE LOVE LOVE where we are, we are getting to know people and our way around and I do feel some roots taking hold BUT, it doesn't quite feel like home YET... I know it will come, it always does but if you know me you know I'M IMPATIENT!!!

I would love it if I just made ONE fantastic friend and we could gab for hours on the phone then go to lunch or the Temple or what ever.. yes I am homesick for my girl friends.. thankful to modern marvels I don't have to even pay for long distance so I do talk to my good friends very regularly BUT I have to admit I do feel a void and really realize now how much I rely on my friends.. I never really bought into the whole "it takes a village" theory of parenting BUT I'm guessing now I'm admitting that it really DOES EXHIST and I BELIEVE in it now!!! (although because I was taking advantage of the theory all along its not really new to me right??) all it took was a short phone call and my kids had rides to what ever was going on and splitting the trip happened... granted here we aren't driving nearly the distances (I don't even have to hang out at the church during mutual I'm so close I drop off and pick up YEA!.).. so its the relationships I miss...

Also if I'm being completely honest I'm approaching May which brings Lane's birthday and anniversary of his Death and people here don't know me, or all of my story yet (although I did share some things in a talk I gave in church last month).....

I have been addicted as of late to Blogs related to special needs kids and some blogs from Mothers who have experienced a child loss one in particular spoke to me this morning

http://www.hopesmilingbrightly.com/2012/04/what-i-said-to-audience-of-700-grieving.html 

I am totally getting this book on the Kindle TODAY which will only up the amount of books I have waiting for me to like 20 (most of them were free, I'm a little addicted!) but it will be moved to the top of the list pronto...

I will be OK,  I do have faith, and I am doing all I know to do to "put myself out there" and make friends I know I can't just sit around and wait for people to come to me, I have had some fantastic interactions with some great women and with time I do know I'll have great friends and support system.. again I'm IMPATIENT.. but I'm working on it...

in the meantime enjoy my beauty, we got to go to the Atlanta Temple on Saturday with her Activity Day group, they walked the beautiful grounds and got a talk from a member of the Temple Presidency, to see all of these girls so excited for the opportunity to have Eternal Families.. I was brought to tears more than once to see the wonder and Excitement in my daughters eyes.. we got to see a BEAUTIFUL bride exit the temple with her sweet new husband.. KayLea has had lots of questions lately about how Temple weddings work, she's hooked on shows like "say YES to the dress" and some other shows that show weddings/brides etc.. so it was good for her to see yes, it may be different than what you see on TV but THIS is where you want to get married!!! because its for ETERNITY!!!...
anyway here are some pictures that I also had fun learning some new photo editing with a fantastic new editing site thats FREE (for now) .. I'm sure there evil plan is to get me hooked then start charging but if I can learn it (and its super easy) then it might be worth it.. I've been avoiding buying photoshop at all cost... so this might be my ticket out!!

here she is!

 Ta Ta

No comments: