Tic Trauma !!
Today We had quite a morning, a good friend and her Baby were coming over to do some scrap booking so i was in a hurry to get things picked up from the morning and KayLea insisted she wanted a bath so it actually worked out OK because it got her out of my hair for a minute and when i was putting her hair in pig tails after the bath we discovered this creature on her head!!! we do pretty regular (more regularly NOW!) tic checks but honestly i had never even checked her hair.. I got kind of freaked out so i called the Dr to try to find out what i was looking for in terms of did i get it all out etc... i must have sounded freaked because the nurse who had started giving me the speech about tic's stopped and said we have an appointment at 2:45 BRING THE TIC... so i fished him out of the water cup (assuming i had to drowned... him but he wasn't dead!) and put him in a zip loc bag just as instructed (that's where he is in the picture above).. so he looked with a magnified light and she's fine.. i did get it all out and it wasn't a Deer Tic (which is the one's they worry about for Lime Disease).. i got way more info than i ever wanted to know about a Tic's but we have to keep the little bugger for 2 weeks.. watch the bite and make sure it doesn't get a red ring or rash or weird fever or joint pain .. so after 2 weeks we can flush him...
isn't it fun living in the country~~ i think I need a NAP!!! did i mention that I've had itchy scalp ALL DAY!!!
1 comment:
Wow! You are a better mommy than me. I saw this Oprah on lyme disease when I was a teenager and tics freak me out ever since! I probably would have called 911 (ha ha)! Totally relate to the itching thing. At my school, lice checks happen often. Us teachers cringe and itch every time!!
Love ya, Val
Post a Comment