Monday, April 28, 2008

spring break

Last week all of the kids in our ward except us had spring break.. it was a beautiful week sunny and warm.. Because all of our friends had last week off we took the boys out of school and we and another family went to Vermont to the Ben and Jerry's factory tour.. it was SOOOO much fun... it was a long drive (about an hour and a half) but it was worth it even though there really wasn't anything else to see just there but the Ice Cream was SOOOO good! they were making Mint Chocolate Cookie and Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream we got a free sample of the mint and i have to admit (reluctantly) but the FRESH ice cream is AWESOME!!! of coarse when we were done with the tour we had to stop at the scoop counter and all the kids got to get another cone... this was soo good and the kids were raving to Ben so much that Ben got us an Ice Cream maker.. I'm afraid we'll all be 500 pounds in the not to distant future but we made Apple Pie ice cream (from a mix) and it was pretty good I'm going to make Strawberry lemonade sorbet today we'll see how that turns out..

well this week is our spring break and the weather is suppose to be not so good rainy and today I'm almost tempted to turn the heat back on (but I'm resisting.. i need to put on a sweater like I've told the kids to do) so I'll post pic's of our ice cream adventure on Wednesday..
that's all for now sorry about the scattered post..

Oh yea almost forgot Hunter and KayLea are fighting a stomach bug.. Hunter's came on during sacrament meeting yesterday and we had to drive him home then I had to come back because brad had a Scout court of Honor.. so needless to say i burned almost a whole tank of gas on that little excursion.. they both seem to be doing OK today but we are just taking it a little easy...
that's all for now
ta ta

No comments: