Friday, August 29, 2008

My New Calling and Special Friend

So last Sunday I got a new calling.. Primary Music person (I'm sure there is an actual name for this calling other than person but at the moment I can't remember).. I will be released from my Cub Scout calling eventually but the Primary Pres. asked if I would do double duty for a short while because there is only 4 more Sundays for practice of the primary program and it would be nice if I had more than a week to get things going and I agreed.. I have had this calling before so it was a "no-brainer yes" kind of thing.. I actually think it's one of the hidden "best job's of the church" you get to have fun it's always new etc.. and you have your Wednesday nights free (although I will still end up being at the building due to my boys activities but no pressure).. don't get me wrong I do love cubs but thinking back I've been doing cubs in some form (and in 3 different wards) for 6 or 7 years.. so it's time for a change.. and i'm happy it's this one..

So on to my "special friend" this is Alto the Singing Elephant.. or at least that's the name I'm considering at this moment.. I'm open to other musical names for this so please comment if you have something far more fun sounding! if your thinking his Nose is looking a little limp well that's because the concept behind Alto is that a good behaved/singing kid puts his/her hand through the nose and leads the music while everyone sings.. I wish I could take credit for this idea but in primary as a kid our primary music person had an elephant just like this (or at least what my memory remembers).. so now every time i have this calling my first order of business is to make a singing elephant.. it actually didn't take me very long and with KayLea in Kindergarten i used my new found 3 hours per day to get moving on this.. of coarse i can see it's flaws but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.. now wish me luck that the kids won't think it's totally lame (it's really more for the Jr. Primary so hopefully they aren't too jaded yet!)

ta ta

3 comments:

FoxFamily said...

YOu're the primary chorister??? Rock on!! That's awesome!!! It is sucha super fun calling. That will be a total change from Cub Scouts. Good luck Ky!

Rachel said...

I hope that you'll still keep in touch! Even if the MB peeps are rude sometimes, please keep being a pal of mine? I totally agree with you!

Liz the Poet said...

What a fantastic idea!! And so cute!!!

I'm totally storing this one away for when I make my rounds as the choriste again...