Friday, November 07, 2008

Hip-Hip-Horray!~

THE ELECTION IS OVER..

Ok I know I'm a few days late but I seem to be a BUSY girl these days so ya.. So of coarse the person I voted for didn't win but to be honest I'm not feeling like it's the end of the world.. Maybe because I have a very cynical view of both the candidates and I'm fairly certain that our new president won't be able to do nearly what he's promised.. I'm not so much worried about his tax plan mostly because again I'm not so sure things are going to change all that much.. if I'm wrong don't worry I'll whine and complain because you see I VOTED so i get to whine and complain if things go bad..

Last night in Relief Society I and my friend somehow got into a political conversation with another lovely lady who I do like very much.. she basically said it was another sign of the last days.. I don't think THIS is a sign I think there are FAR more signs that this MIGHT be sort of the last days but I'm wondering if my upbringing and my parents far more liberal view of the last days (and mostly questioning ANY time someone said something like that) has more to do with my opinion that I can only do what I can do, if I'm living the way I know i should (but lets face the facts, i am in NO WAY perfect) I'm not going to be able to do anything about it being the last days or not and if i AM trying to live the best life etc. etc. it won't be a terrifying prospect will it?? I'm not sure all of that made since.. Yes there are terrible things going on in the world no doubt about that.. YES our very belief's are sometimes held up for reticule and judgement BUT I am but ONE person holding hands with 4 others (my family) doing what we can do... Maybe it's not enough but it is what it is..

So I don't think it's the end of the world.. I'm more curious than nervous or scared.. I might just have to bookmark this to remind myself but that's life.. we'll just have to wait and see! as far as the blues i was/am feeling, I don't know I'm still uptight about the stockmarket, our retirement, money in general but again i'm not so sure the other guy would have made that much diff either..
ta ta

No comments: