So KayLea had her friend party yesterday and we all have fun hangovers today... we had 10 kids she invited her whole class (12 kids) plus one friend from church for some reason I couldn't remember my hard rule as to why we don't invite the "whole class" the last time I was talked into this maddness was Hunter's 6th birthday party... is it something like not remembering how much having a baby hurts when your contemplating having another?? of coarse Hunter's 6th b'day class was twice as big as KayLea's so I justified it in my mind I think.. but I digress.
the Theme for her party was "Mad Hatters Tea Party" because when KayLea has been planning this party in her mind for the last few months she wanted a "fancy Nancy tea party" which is a very girly theme.. when School started she discovered her very best friend at school is Kevin a boy, so she was torn as to what to do she has also really formed great friendships with all her class mates.. so we fiddled a bit with the theme and made it a boy girl party..
I think the kids had fun, we made Mad Hatter Hats (thanks Mom for giving me the idea about the plates.. it took a google search but I found a variation of what you described) the boys helped by decorating the house with streamers (they also helped clean!) and Ben made a REALLY good cream cheese frosting for the cup cakes.. the boys also tried to do games but the kids weren't really into the games they just wanted to run around the house and play.. KayLea got lots of fun presents and 90 minute party seemed to pass by very quickly and all the kids were gone.. the house was in a little bit of shambles but really it didn't take long to get it back together and we are good for another year..
a few things we discovered.. as much as KayLea likes the boys in her class it seemed like the boys all congregated together and the Girls did the same.. so I think next year I'm not giving in and we'll do just a "girl party"
all in all it was a fun, exhausting, entertaining day KayLea had a blast!
ta ta

1 comment:
cutie cutie. I hope the party/stress was worth it. It looks like it was.
Post a Comment