Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tis the Season


So we decorated the tree tonight for Family Home Evening... yes we have FHE on what ever night we can squeeze it in each week (if were lucky I'll admit it we don't get EVERY week in) Ben insists we got a "charlie Brown" tree this year.. only because we got a different variety, I have no clue what variety we usually get but this year I just fell in love with this Frazier fur it seems to have less branches and you can see right through to the trunk but I think it's cute and It fits perfectly in the space (after we cut a little bit from the bottom and the top) it's sucking up a ton of water so hopefully that's a good sign the guy at the lot swore it was cut down with in a day or so of when we got it.. so we'll see if I ever want to get this variety again.. we actually REALLY considered a fake tree this year but opted for tradition and so it was Chinese food and tree hunting at the same lot we've gone to since we moved here.. although i have to admit a fake one is getting more and more appealing..
So all is well in the Fox home as we are gearing up for Christmas
ta ta

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

We got a fake tree three years ago on clearance after searching the after Christmas sales. I love it. It's prelit and all we have to do is fluff it up and put on the ornaments. They make fake trees so pretty now - and in dry AZ, the real ones only last about a week before turning into crispy critters. I'm pretty surprised at how few tree lots there are here.

Rachel said...

Love the tree! :)

FoxFamily said...

That's exciting and such a great FHE activity! I really like your yellow walls with the deep red curtains!