So we had a glorious weekend it got up to the 50's and ALL the boys wore shorts, I felt like spring cleaning and purged half my closet (remember the motto, if you havn't worn it in 6 months you can live with out it).. I got rid of jeans and dresses that i've been keeping because i felt like i spent too much money to just get rid of them BUT the dress I wore to my brother's wedding (Jack's eeek!) i know i'll never ever wear again and actually the skirt and jacket I wore to other brother's wedding (jody's) is so completely out of style (and probably was when I wore it too) that I just filled up a garbage bag and it's sitting in the back of my car awaiting a drop off to good will or planet clothes (a local clothing donation thingie)... unfortunately my purging mood is NOT contagious.. I cleaned outKayLea's room and wanted desperately to get rid of some of her old, worn out, written on with marker, FILTHY dolls that she never plays with (she's merging into Barbie's and AM girl doll's)and she just about had a fit... I actually sneeked 2 dolls in the trash but wasn't quick enough bringing down the trash bag and she rescued 1 of them darn!!! I moved my way down stairs an wanted to purge the dvd collection that has gotten WAY out of hand... and could only pry 30 or so from the grip of the girl the boys seem far more eager to get rid of the movie's Ben wasn't home but insists he'll watch all 300 movies he has in his bin... yea right!!!
But the false spring weekend came to a crashing end yesterday when we got about 5-6 more inches and another snow day.. I think the school district is afraid to even speculate when the last day of school is right now.. we might just have no summer at all (that can't happen but really it's getting close!)
anyway i'm going to put up a post I wrote a few weeks ago about how Brad is taller than me now.. I didn't post it at the time because my intent was to put a picture of he and I back to back but alas I havn't been able to get it together enough to get that pic taken.. guess i'm too busy purging...
on a VERY happy note by the end of the day today I will be completely done with laundry and it will ALL be put away!!! you may not think thats much to brag about BUT let me tell you I think the kids are wearing clothes they havn't seen in weeks!!! yes it was that bad..
ta ta
No comments:
Post a Comment