Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HOME at last...


So we are home safe and sound.. although the circumstances of our trip were very sad the trip it self was AMAZING.. and I don't feel like I throw that aroud lightly.. we were able to stay at a family's home that we've known forever and they happened to be out of town.. another bonus they had a POOL... so all the syblings took a different night and cooked some of Sheri's dinners, we feasted on taco's and burritos, chicken enchilidas, bbq and just visited and had so much fun. Ben and I espically enjoyed getting to know our nephews... we live so far from each other that it was a rare treat.. I think a few of those boys have Ben wrapped around their little fingers.. but don't tell him!!!

The funeral was nice, it was a full house and we got to see people we havn't seen since we were teenagers.. it was a resounding success chocked full of memories, tears and love for a great woman, mother and grandmother!!! yes the 3 daughter's in law (Me, Shannon and Amber) sang and everyone said it was good, that was nice because I was balling right before so i was scard forsure!!! it was really a great day.. Brad was a paul barrer (spelling?) he looked like such a big boy with all the adults (Sheri's brothers, Ben's brothers then Brad) he (and the others too) did a great job!

Ben is doing pretty good.. it "helps" that he got right back to work working 2 doubles in a row so he hasn't had much time to dwel much.. he also felt it was a great day and although it was tough we are just thankful she is no longer suffering like she was..
so we are back to the grindstone.. after the funeral KayLea did some modeling for my SIL shannon's bow business she was very cute and can't wait to see her self on the internet... silly girl...you know when I was making KayLea's bows (ages ago it seems) she ended up hating wearing them now that Shannon hooked her up (she got quite a stash for modeling for her aunt.. very nice!) she wants to wear them all the time..

we ended the week discovering my beloved camera is broken.. i'm getting some estimates on fixing it BUT i'm really eye balling a new one shhhhhh maybe for my birthday?? we won't mention that I promised this would be the last camera I would own ever!!! (ok i now realize that was a very stupid thing to say in the first place)

so thats all thats going on for now...
ta ta

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Hi Foxy, I am sorry to hear about your MIL...it is never easy for our loved ones to pass. I hope that your husband and family are finding some peace.

Sounds like you have had alot going on. Hope you are happy and enjoying the summer.

♥forman