Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer's almost done so it's time to catch up

So I came to the realization this week that Summer is on the down swing... Next week both Brad and Hunter have their sports "camp" (Hunter Football and Brad Soccer).. Brad will get a week off before tryouts for the high school team while Hunter keeps on going 4 days a week through the whole season that runs through October.. what does this mean??? it means with my 3 children doing 3 different sports this fall (KayLea has reluctantly decided to do soccer through the city).. I pretty much have NO LIFE so I'm not being rude or hiding in the closet people, if I'm not answering my phone it's most likely because I'm on the side lines of some kind of sporting event, practice, warm up or try out... I'll call you back by Thanksgiving!!!
I'm grateful for kids who want to be involved (it's a mantra I have to say to myself towards mid September!) growing up we kids didn't do too much in the way of organized sports, dance etc. etc., my youngest brother (who we fondly call the only child of 6, due to the wide span of time from him to the next kid up) did multiple sports some at the same time, but for the most part, we didn't do any sports until we got to middle or high school where it was included in the school plan (and finances).. I'm certain it was partly due to the expense to put 4+ kids in to various things but it was also a time factor, My mother was nursing babies while Dad had an extended commute.. I relay this to my kids when they are whining about how awful their life is.. they don't seem to care... oh well I suppose they shouldn't..
So the rest of our summer consists of sports camp and a visit from some AWESOME friends who are driving up from Texas. we haven't seen them since we went to see them like 3 or 4 years ago we are VERY excited... trips back to Ben and Jerry's and maybe a drive up the coast is in our plans which will top off our summer nicely..
Another fun wonderful event is Ben has FINALLY agreed we can plan a honest to goodness REAL VACATION, he's even considering a CRUISE!!!! we will start off small and it will most likely be just me and him but if all goes well (and lets all cross our fingers that it does!) perhaps my dream of a major multi continent vacation for the whole family the summer before Brad graduates from High School will come true!!! lots of details to work out but I'm getting excited!!!
Kay getting the make up put on (very exciting for the girl who is not allowed to wear make up for everyday until she turns 12!)
that's all for now, I'm posting some pictures of KayLea's ballet recital, I know it was months ago but I'm catching up people...
ta ta

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

KayLea looks adorable. Does she like ballet? We've been thinking about putting Annie in something for a while.

Unknown said...

she LOVED ballet although it was hard to tell if she actually liked the ballet part or the fact that she got a costume and got to wear makeup.. graceful she is NOT, very clumsy (kinda reminds me of ME!) we'll do it again I think but I had to bribe her with doing cheerleading if she'd try soccer for the fall so it might be towards the end of the year again..

tnunley said...

Ooohhhh, I love cruises! They are mine and Theron's favorite vacation besides Colorado! Let me know if you have any questions about the cruise! We've been all over the Carribean! Just be sure you have you're passports, they make things so much easier! Good luck with the kids this fall! See you soon with Fiona!!

Cynthia Hatch said...

Hi, This is Cynthia Hatch (Dave's Wife). I was so happy to see your comment on my page. I called Dave and told him that you guys lived in the area. He was really excited and said that for sure we will have to get together. Here is Dave's cell (is it weird to put it on the blog?) (801) 400-0322. We heard through Dave's parents that Sheri passed away. Dave was so sad to here this since he considered her a second mother while growing up. My best wishes to you and Ben.