Thursday, October 30, 2008

busy busy busy-- or depressed not sure??

So I think I've kind of been in a depressed funk lately not sure, because usually when i feel this coming on I dive DEEP into something to pull myself out, like when in Texas years and years ago after Lane I felt a little blue and decided that would be the year we would have a HUGE garden I spent days tilling the soil getting bags of pete soil planted at least 4 different varieties of tomatoes, peppers and watermelon then I didn't feel blue anymore but I had that dam garden to tend to.. it didn't work out to well as you can imagine..

But this time I can't seem to get "into" anything.. I pulled out my scrapbook (my depression life saver when I had post pardom with Brad) and I went through it got out pictures that needed to be scrapped and just left it in a pile to be dealt with later.. I certainly have housework that NEEDS to be done but that's not appealing (but I really can't blame that on being depressed that is a constant in my life!).. and I have other projects that need started also but somehow I can't seem to get it together.. I'm keeping pretty busy at the school I'm doing both kids Halloween parties on Friday so I spent yesterday getting everything done with that.. so its not boredom for sure..

Last night I think i decided it was this darn election and the financial crisis our country is going through.. I know i vowed I wasn't going to get political again but obviously this is consuming my thoughts and sleepless nights so I have to get this off my chest and it's all just my opinion anyway so hopefully no one will take offence and If you do it's just a warning just keep it to yourself OK! I"m not to thrilled with ANY of the candidates.. for once in my life I felt like I had really researched the candidates and could really support someone in the primary election and felt my reasons were far reaching but he didn't win and it got ugly and felt like I had to defend my very belief system due to some swarmey things his running mate (who also did not win THANKFULLY) campaigned with..but NOW in this current financial mess I really feel like my candidate would be far better qualified to step in and bring us all out of this mess but of coarse that's what people call "sour grapes" ... I see the Republican candidate making every mis step you can and realise he has DONE this campaigning stuff HOW many times? and he's still stammering on meet the press which i do realize he's not getting a fair shake in the press, i get it but COME ON!!! I see the Democrat candidate resting on his laurels because he's got the election all sewin up, I don't have confidence in EITHER of the candidates.. I still haven't decided who I'll check when I'm in the voting booth and If I didn't think it was going to be such a close election I might just pick whom ever is on the ballot on the green or libertarian ticket but I don't feel like that is a good choice either right now..

I think I might have a seasonal blues thing going too my pretty fall that I love so much has pretty much led to seeing what looks to be dead trees and a big mess and not even pretty white yet.. it flurried off and on all day yesterday Ben and I took a drive up to the mountain and it was actually sticking about 20-30 feet up so it's coming. the Heater is in a constant state of on although we are trying to keep it lower than we have in the past and asking the kids to put on socks and sweaters.. we'll see how long that lasts..

I don't want anyone to worry about me I"m find I've got this all off my chest and I can only pray that after next Tuesday I'll have a re-newed energy no matter what happens!
ta ta

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry you have the blues. I know how you're feeling politically, but I think I've come to peace with the idea that I'm voting against Obama instead of voting for McCain.

Hope you feel better.

Rachel said...

Hey... IYQ... it'll all work out how it's supposed to. Not that that's any consolation when you're going through it, eh?

happyhubbub said...

Ack - I've about had it with the campaigning and the talking and...everything. I get how you're feeling. Sorry it's pushing you over the edge and making you restless and cranky. Have you tried chocolate yet? and ice-cream? They sometimes help...