Wednesday, October 15, 2008

is it still????

So this blog post came to me last night while i WASN'T sleeping and I thought about waiting to post it since I just did a post yesterday BUT alas I'm sure I'd forget it so here goes..
  • will I still get the blessings of donating hair to Locks of Love if I'm Cursing the haircut that was the result??



  • Is it ok if with every good intention I purchased aprox 14+ pounds of Butternut Squash (it was on sale at Sam's) to only realize WE ALL HATE Butternut squash soup.. I made a HUGE pot of it and now it's in my freezer to await the assignment of taking a meal into someone.. is it still service if it's actually a blessing that someone is taking this stuff off my hands?? ok I actually found the soup kind of yummy but it needed ALLOT of salt which made me think of the time when Gina and I went to New York and my awesome aunt Carol took us to a Mediterranean restaurant we we both had a Hummus platter for the first time.. we were STARVING and we kept piling on the salt its when i discovered I'm not so adventurous in the food department (which I REALLY should have considered before taking this recent culinary leap with B.N.Squash)


  • in the same token I'm thinking of making ANOTHER big pot of it because I still have 4 squashes staring at me.... judging me.. but I've only been asked to take 1 meal in the last YEAR so the chances of unloading 2 yucky meals is slim to none! but the guilt of throwing out produce is just too much to bare.. what would you do with them??


  • I've decided TEACHING is a noble profession and a PERFECT "mom job" but volunteering on this musical has made me realize it's just not my calling I want to ram the kids heads together when they are acing up, Hunter's teacher has WAY more patience than I do.. I kind of already knew Teaching was out for me after teaching pre-school if my kid isn't involved I'm kinda board and not that excited (which begs the question as to why am i having issues with the play... Hunter is in it! hmmm) but with the prospect of going back to school in the next few years it has come across my mind to give it a go again (teaching I mean) is that bad that I don't want to do that??

so that's my wacko post for today.. hopefully no one thinks they need to call CPS or even worse..

tata

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Slice up the butternut squash, coat it with melted butter and salt and roast it in the oven at 400 degrees. It gets crispity and sweet and is an excellent side dish.

If the squash is too difficult to slice, put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes (put in a couple of holes so it doesn't explode).

Good luck.

Ashley said...

We fried up some squash in oil and put it in fajitas (of all things) and it turned out really yummy, a bit of sweetness with the consistency of a potato. I don't know if it was butternut squash, though.

Sarah said...

How amazing that you donated hair to locks of love. And of course you totally still get the blessings!