Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Benji Dear!!!

So today was the big day... Ben's now 35, he can no longer say he's in his early 30's hehe! and Yes I will soon be hitting the same mile stone but Ben hits them all 6 whole months before I do I keep telling him he gets to warm up the age for me before I get there.. but it's also the 6 months of the year I can say I married an older man!!!
here are pic's of our fun day
Ben decided he wanted Hot Wings and Macaroni and Cheese for his Birthday Dinner, so it was actually a VERY easy dinner and he was happy as a clam.. for his cake he kept changing his mind from a chocolat-ey/caromel-ey, gooey cake to finally he said he wanted Strawberry filling, he didn't care what flavor cake he just wanted Whipped Cream frosting and Strawberries.. music to my ears frankly, so I did a pound cake with fresh strawberries (thank you FLORIDA!) I had purchased these heart silicone baking sheets on clearance just before Valentines day thinking I was doing 2 kids parties I would surly use them, well I didn't so I decided to try them out today.. they actually worked out pretty well but since I did 2 cakes it made it a 4 layer cake it was VERY yummy but very heavy, Ben's actually taking almost half of it to work tomorrow to share with his buddies...


Yes we put 35 candle's on the cake, we joked with Ben that only one more year we'll be able to do that with out buying another pack (the pack we got only had 36 haha).. no it didn't set off the fire alarm!
The Kids got him a shaving cream warmer, he had wanted one for Christmas and we looked and looked and couldn't find one but Hunter and I were shopping at a store that is kinda like Big Lots and he spotted it and insisted we had to get it for Dad for his Birthday... of Coarse my gift to him is his lake trip this weekend where he'll freeze his butt off because it's suppose to snow AGAIN!!!
Happy Birthday Honey We love you!!!

3 comments:

happyhubbub said...

Ahhhh - 35 years young. You two are like babes in the woods when compared to me. I'm a decidedly SEASONED 35...soon to be 36. Blah.

So, I've never ventured into the world of homemade hot wings and we LOVE wings. Do tell, how do you make them?

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Ben. Pretty cake!

Elaine said...

Great Pix....Happy Belated to your dh....

Good to see you are all still kicking....more snow...Ur favorite...we have gotten some too...but it has been pretty warm so it is melting...

Hope everything else is well with you.