Sunday, February 15, 2009

I think I have an idea of what it's like to live in Antartica..

So we had a February Melt instead of the Usual Jan. Melt.. which is good in one since because we had so much snow local businesses were having to contract people to truck it out of their parking lots.. BUT of coarse with everything there is good and Bad.. the snow is not quite gone and all thats left is the DIRTY, YUCKY, Nasty.. left overs it's hard and icy and practically impossiable to chip away at if your even trying to attempt to lengthen the entry to your drive way... Of coarse there's also the BIG issue of the aweful MUD that comes with said "Feb. Melt" KayLea refused to walk on our driveway because she felt like she was sinking (and lets face it she WAS!)..I guess i'm thankful the mud is gone well I guess to get technical it's not really gone it's well just FROZEN AGAIN.. I"m not wishing for any kind of snow any time soon BUT I'm now in my Winter Bi-P0lar season.. I hate the snow and long for the sweltering 75-80 degree days BUT this ugly snow is getting on my nervs so bad I probably wouldn't be too dissopointed if the light fluffy stuff fell JUST A LITTLE to spruce this place up a bit.. see what WINTER does to you.. who'd a thunk!

So Ben's toe is still giving him trouble.. I keep reminding him the Doc's said 4-6 weeks.. He was actually doing better then he took Brad ice fishing yesterday and because of the already mentioned melt the ice was VERY slick and well he over compensated or something and hurt it AGAIN!!! So he spent the day today with it up and not doing much..

Valentines came and went, I did KayLea and Hunter's party they went off with out a hitch and Ben and I went out to a GREAT dinner at Outback.. which was not only YUMMY but let us reminise about our newly married days where we would have our once or twice a month Dates (always on payday) to Outback... Ben even splurged and got us dessert! YUM! which reminds me to go on about HOW GREAT IT IS TO HAVE AN IN-HOUSE BABYSITTER! Over the last year and a half or so we have been easing Brad into babysitting for longer and longer stints.. we can now safely go a moderate distance for a nice evening out.. We've even done dinner and a movie with out major catastrophie.. Last night we only did dinner because Ben's toe was throbbing..and I think it was probably good because KayLea had too long of a day and was melting down by the time we were on our way home... how did my parents do it with out cell phones>???

Anyway thats all thats going on...
ta ta

1 comment:

happyhubbub said...

Congrats on the built-in babysitter! It's been a dream-come-true for us and we've been enjoying the fruits of letting our eldest live for quite some time. The only thing is, don't let them do stuff, cuz then their new schedules clash with your desire to get out and that's never fun ;)