Anyway last week I got to go on a field trip with KayLea's class it was to the "farm" the class is studying baby animals and this was kind of the cherry on the sundae so to speak... BUT although this farm had it's share of baby lambs and sheep and chick's it also had reindeer, Mt. Lion, Lion, Monkey's and Lots of other non farm type stuff.. and I really wouldn't have called it a zoo either it was well someones idea run a muck.. the kids LOVED it and it was on the most perfect day and KayLea FEEL IN LOVE with the baby lambs she would have stayed all day petting and chasing them (ok so there was MUCH more chasing than petting) I'm trying to upload some pic's of her and her lambs we'll see if blogger cooperates... Stay tuned for pic's of KayLea holding baby chicks that her class hatched IN CLASS this week.. (they can't hold them until Monday) they are SO cute!!! (no we aren't going to take home any, despite Ben's efforts to convince me otherwise)... the highlight of the field trip for me seeing a JUST BORN rain deer.. one of the other mom's suggested we wait to see that exhibit because the momma still had her placenta well "hanging" I said NO WAY and we went right over.. it was AWESOME.. I just loved seeing the momma lick off her baby and we got to see the baby try to walk a couple of times.. have I scared the children in my group forever??
On Monday for the school holiday Hunter finally had his friend party.. he invited 2 friends to go so "Night at the Museum 2" it was pretty good and the boys were really great.. Hunter came home and fished with his friends and Dad bbq'd He got to go yesterday and spend his gift cards.. he was so excited he had enough to get guitar hero and 2 guitars.. thanks grandma and grandpa!!! he's VERY excited..
So I also found out, actually just confirmed again that God has a since of humor... remember how boastful I was that the Fox's were DONE with pinewood derby and Cub Scouts FOREVER... I was just called to be Primary 2nd counselor over CUB SCOUTS.. so I'm pretty sure the Big guy was looking down saying "she's far too boastful and confident zap not for long!"... I'm excited but feeling just a tad bit overwhelmed.. I'm still doing camp and I'm STILL on boy scout committee too but hopefully after camp (I've gotten a reprieve from sharing times until after camp YEA!) things will be back down to a low roar...
anyway that's the goings on with our family... School officially ends June 22nd the school board opted NOT to ask for any snow days to be forgiven.. I'm pretty ticked BUT what can you do.. want to feel a little bit better about your crazy life here's what our end of June looks like right now..
June 10th KayLea's field trip to a Museum (i'm chaperoning)
June 17th- Hunter's field trip cruise around the harbor in Main (i'm chaperoning)
June 19th KayLea's Kindergarten celebration and party (i'm a room mom)
June 22nd Hunter's 5th grade celebration and bbq at the beach (also room mom for his class!) and LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
June 26th Hunter's 11 yr scout overnighter w/ Ben (thankfully I don't have to go I just have to pack for EVERYONE while they are gone)
June 27th or 28th I or Ben fly kids to Arkansas to spend week with Mom and Dad
June 28 or 29th I or Ben fly home
June 29th I have to be at girls camp by 2:00pm
July 3rd fly back to mom and dads
July 4th or 5th fly Brad back home and me fly back to AR. (he may fly half way by him self still deciding)
July 6-11th Brad at scout camp
sometime before July 11th come home with my Parents (maybe still working out the details)
after the 2nd week of July we will be sleeping pretty much 24/7
feel better now???
good my job is done here..
ta a
2 comments:
I love that you weren't scared of a little placenta!
Glad you're keeping busy.
Nice of you to join the primary presidency! You crack me up!! I am so glad you keep a blog so I can keep track of your family!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment