Ok so i usually just ignore when people "tag" me,
but since it's my Sister who "did the deed!" i guess I'll partake.. I'm suppose to tell 7 random things about me then tag i don't know how many people..
Frankly like Steph I'm not sure there are 7 things that people don't already know about me.. but we'll see...
1. I am a total control freak.. i think i was ever since i popped out but it certainly hasn't gotten any better.. my poor family but they love me and I'm probably populating the world with more type A control types..
2. I love, love, love to take pictures.. mostly of my kiddo's but of pretty much anything.. i wanted to do a calendar this year of unique/old looking Barns here in New England.. there are so many that are 100's of years old that are so pretty in their own unique run down kind of way.. maybe this year.. who knows.. it's an idea at least!
3. I Love to Sing and i read music because i was a Band geek but i am a Piano Lesson drop out!!! Betsy Baily when i was 7 or 8 lectured me so badly on how lucky i was to be taking piano lessons that i refused to practice and well in my 7/8 year old mind i just didn't like her.. which was too bad because i idolized her singing voice and wanted so desperately to take Voice instead of Piano but I'm not so sure i let my parents in on that one.. I do have perfect pitch (or at least i did in high school.. not to many people testing me these days!) but find it hard to volunteer to sing solo or duet... i feel like i should be asked. i know weird!
4. I have never interviewed for a Job that i didn't get.. i know it's kinda pathetic.. don't know if I'd have the same luck now though..
5. Growing up I didn't think i wanted kids.. i think i thought it was kinda gross (lets face it i WASNT wrong) hard to believe now but i wanted a career maybe even be a lawyer.. now i can't ever imagine being a Lawyer EVER even when this part of my life (being a stay at home mom) is through.. i WILL go back to school but I've got about 2 more years to decide what i want to be when i grow up.. and i DO know i DON'T want to be a Teacher! nothing against them and it would be a perfect Mom job but i truly believe (by some not so pleasant teachers i both had and that my kids have had..past tense) you have to feel CALLED to be a teacher and i DO NOT.. I think I'd love to be a Recreation Director for a town/city Rec Center.. get to plan fun stuff.. we'll see... I've got to pretty much start from scratch so I'm sure I'll have time to figure it all out..
this is getting hard!!! I don't know if I'll be able to think of all 7..
6: I have been a Cub scout leader of some kind for 5 years in 3 different wards.. This year will be my 5th year attending Cub Scout day camp; and it will HOPEFULLY be my last year as it will be Hunter's last year attending (but who knows i went the year before Brad was a cub scout so there's nothing to say i won't go after!)... I do LOVE Cub Scouts and i do enjoy being Cub Master now.. it's just the fun stuff not the weekly "hard" stuff.. i get to give the boys their awards and do fun skits etc... i think in the church if you get trained in scouts your probably stuck for life, it's so hard to get us members to go to Training! that once they get you well you get the point... and on top of Cub Master I'm also Advancement Chair for Boy Scouts (see Brad turned 11 so they had to get me in that program somehow ha ha!)
7: I am so Lucky! I was born into a Great Family that loved me that treated me well and raised me with great values and expectations.. I now have the family i NEVER dreamed of and couldn't be more happy about it!! I'm so glad i didn't listen to the 16 or 17 year old i was back then.. i can't say my life has been perfect by any means but it's all mine and i wouldn't change a thing.. NO NOT ANYTHING!...
OK just to show off; i thought of this as i was doing the last one: #8: I have one pointed ear and one that's normal.. we use to kid that i was half Elf! none of my kids inherited that little defect.. too bad it's always a great ice breaker at cub scout day camp first day get to know you things...
OK now i have to tag: here ya go: CTR2002, Cynthia, Leslie, Shannon & Velia! that's all that Stephie didn't already get.. darn that girl!
Fine Print: OK so now I'm thinking i should have changed the names of the Innocent to protect their identity or at least their future piano students.. i have no clue where Betsy Baily is or lives but I'm sure she was a fine piano teacher but in my 8 year old memory she well we just didn't get along.. I'm sure she is perfectly capable and many students benefited from her brilliance..
ta ta
1 comment:
I LOVED Betsy Bailey! She and I got along great! I wanted more lessons and always wanted to show off to her. You and I are just sooooo different! I still love you!
Post a Comment