Thursday, August 06, 2009

Life happens when your making plans.. or something like that!

So life in the Fox home has been riddled with changes.. Ben's work situation has been kind of crazy because another supervisor quit (very suddenly and with no notice or CLASS!) so it has made it so Ben's been working tons which is good for the pocketbook BUT not so good for things like sleeping and seeing him... the word came down yesterday (the guy quit a couple of weeks ago) that they ARE NOT going to replace this supervisor.. which means a few things.. the ban on all overtime is obviously out the window ESPICALLY when it starts to snow.. AND it also means Ben's 8 hour day has just turned into a 10-12 hour day and he won't be able to get off work in time to go coach soccer... he had to tell the Athletic director yesterday he can't do it.. Ben is totally bummed this has been a dream of his for a VERY long time and to have to leave so close to the season he knows it pretty much blows all chance he'll ever have of doing it again.. the bright side, he was able to quit before having to pay 50$ for finger prints and back ground checks AND he hadn't signed a contract yet... the down side.. Ben is VERY worried this will adversely affect Bradley's soccer experience this year.. we hope it won't but we are skeptical.. it just means now Brad is bound and determined to "get into shape" in the next 3 weeks so he'll make the A team.

to top it off I got called for Jury duty the first week of September.. Ben thinks I should try to get out of it being I'd have to leave before KayLea would catch the bus.. working for the school I think they have to give me the time off but I don't think they have to pay me and I'm not sure I'd want to use any of my personal days for THIS!!! I'll fill out the questioner and put my complaints and see what happens..

that's all the B*t%^ing I'll do for now!!!
ta ta

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I know that this is such a little thing, but . . . it only costs $50 to get your fingerprints in New Hampshire?? I just paid $85!! It's a good thing they last for six years. I'm just sayin'.

Good luck with all the changes. Sorry that Ben couldn't coach this year, but maybe there is a silver lining.