So summer is winding down.. although it doesn't seem too much like the END of summer here.. BUT it's the count down.. we start school the 31st.. Football starts a week from Wednesday (every week day until school starts EEEK) then Soccer for BEN and Brad starts the week before school... I have some training the 26th and then we'll be full time students, workers, players etc.
So I have been trying to convince my family that the dynamic is going to CHANGE with me going to work (although it isn't classified as FULL time I won't be home when the kids are at school so for all intensive purposes it's full time!) I'm trying to get things organized, trying to brain storm ideas on how we can delegate out responsibilities and keep things remaining smoothly and not eat take out every night of the week..
Some ideas I've thrown around (usually during dinner) are making a calendar with meal's on it along with who will be cooking the meal (the boys are actually becoming useful in this area) it will help me shop and not stare at the fridge and say "whats for dinner"... I've also come up with perhaps having the kids do their chores BEFORE they go to school... YES it will mean the boys getting up xtra early (they catch the bus at 6:45) BUT with all their xtra sports etc. I can envision my house going down hill FAST and if it gets done BEFORE school then think of how nice it will be to come home to things done!
The responses I usually get from the fam when I suggest these things is one of these * this isn't going to be that big of deal MOM things won't have to change that much *we aren't the only family who has 2 parents working, and my favorite * do you think your the first mother to go to work???
Honestly I get it!!! and I'm sure my friends who have juggled a job and a family are shaking your heads as you read this BUT I don't think MY family gets the gravity of this situation... THINGS ARE CHANGING.. I feel a little bit like I'm nesting right now.. trying to get all my house organized etc.. because something BIG is happening...
Ok I'm willing to admit I'm loosing it a bit, I know it will all work out but if you know me you know nothing can happen before I get a little nuts!
ta ta
2 comments:
No, you're not the first but you ARE right. The fam might not quite realize what they're getting themselves into! Sounds like it might take letting everything fall apart before they realize how much you keep things together :)
Good luck!
This change is a good change. You can do it! Good luck in organizing everything. It's a good thing you've got good helpers.
Post a Comment