Saturday, August 29, 2009

SCHOOL STARTS MONDAY!!! Woot!~

So Bradley and I seem to be on the mend.. He went and looked like a stud for his 3 days of pre-season soccer Oh how I hope he makes the team he wants.. normally I really could care less BUT last year was such a struggle for him that he will be CRUSHED if he doesn't make it on the "A" team...

Hunter's football camp is over YEA! and his normal two day a week practice starts next week, I can't explain to you how GREAT this is.. I mean Hunter has had a GREAT experience so far but EVERY DAY, was getting OLD!!!

So I FINALLY don't feel like I have an elephant sitting on my chest.. I still can't be far away from cough drops or else I get a tickle in my throat that turns into a coughing fit but last night was the first night in weeks I didn't OD on NyQuil before bed so I think progress is being made for sure..

So last week I was really looking forward to a day long training session to, well, tell me about my job and how I can best serve my student etc. etc. BUT it ended up being a day long sexual harassment, how to avoid bodily fluid's and some other nonsense.. I guess I know these things are important and probably even legally mandated that we have them BUT A WHOLE DAY!!!??? speaking to some veteran aids they usually do a "useful" workshop but I guess this year our number was up.. so Yesterday I had my day with the teacher I'm working with.. it was OK, she doesn't know exactly what to do with me yet and we both don't know exactly how to help this student BUT I have some good ideas some REAL fears (he's not potty trained!) but all in all I'm excited wrapped with a healthy dose of "what the heck have I gotten myself into!?"

so we ALL start school on Monday, I can't wait!!!
ta ta

No comments: