Friday, February 26, 2010

YET ANOTHER SNOW DAY

So we are on day 3 of our snow day trek... I think it's probably my fault.. we had gotten to pretty much no snow and every one's lawns were clear and kinda green and I think I was foolish enough to say.. maybe we'll get away with a mild winter this year.. Ya RIGHT!!! But the bi-product of no school is me being off of work and i was able to spend yesterday with my honey on his BIRTHDAY.. 36 years young... I'll post a picture when I can get cell service to send it to myself.. then post it here..
We were out of power starting late last night and ending an hour ago (about 1:00) we woke up and went to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast (like everyone else and their dog who were out of power) then headed to WalMart for supplies.. water and firewood... we anticipated being out of power for much longer than what we were so we are fully prepared for the "next one" we had plenty of drinking water but hadn't replenished the water to flush the toilet (yes we really DO live in the sticks!)
once again we started reading "Fablehaven".. we got to chapter 5 this time and KayLea actually wants to keep it up for bedtime reading.. once you get past the first chapter it isn't too bad..
so that's what we are up to.. we are expected to get lots more snow so we'll see how the weekend goes..
tata

No comments: