Wednesday, February 24, 2010

ohhh snow day

So I woke up to Ben being home around 4:00am saying "honey i'm home" this startled me because he had left about 2 hours before to work... aparentelly he got just a few miles down the road and hit a patch of ice and ended up in a ditch.. he called work then the highway plow stopped and called for help.. the police called a tow truck to get him out of the ditch then the policeman also took him to the ATM so he could pay the guy the 130$... the truck is driveable but Ben was very shook up and now he's pretty sore..
we have a snow day we are up to about 22-24 inches of heavy wet show and its still coming down in buckets.. we have had many semi trucks have to back down our narrow road because it's so slick..
i'm only grateful Ben's accident wasn't worse than it was!
anyway I kinda wanted this snow day, I didn't completely get a handle on the laundry and other various chores so this day is well needed.. along with that the kids school district is piloting a new program where during a specified snow day they do a certain amount of work and if a certain percentage of kids turn in all their work they don't have to make up that snow day. so it's pretty much been like a "home school" day I now have absolutely no doubt I could not homeschool my kids.. we havn't had many arguements about the work in general but getting them to only do school work and stay off facebook or other stuff has been kind of hard.. and an extra added bonus If i make myself available via e-mail and do some research on some modified lesson plans for the students i work with then i get paid for the day too...
so far kayLea and Hunter are done Brad claims he'll be done sometime next week... ha!
so thats us today
ta a

2 comments:

tnunley said...

Are we all ready for spring yet??!! I have enjoyed the snow this year... but I am tired of being cold constantly!

Stephanie said...

I'm glad Ben is alright - I've spun out before and ended up in a ditch - it's spooky.

Good luck on the home school thing - I don't know if I could do it either!