So I've been thinking allot about this post for a few weeks now... and day before yesterday after a Dr's appt for Hunter It all became clear... but first I need to go back a little..
I have to confess... I have been driving with a California Drivers license for over 3 years here in NH why you ask... well when I went to get my NH license the nice lady at the counter said DENIED the state of Arkansas says you've been a bad girl and we can't give you driving privileges until you speak with them and clear up your "record"... I had a vague recollection of getting a ticket in Arkansas I also had a vague recollection of appearing in court and paying a fine (for expired tags I THINK?) Also, my parents have had a visit from someone trying to find me about a traffic ticket.. but well I didn't live there and I haven't even lived in Arkansas since just after Brad's 1st birthday (yes that's right folks 12 years ago) and I think the ticket was well before he was born (he turns 14 this year)!. so do I have any kind of paper trail.. being that it was 12 years, more than that many moves to 4 different states that would be a NO!.. so I just put it off.. we had kind of the same thing happen with Ben only with the state of CA. and it cost us well over a thousand dollars to get it taken care of.. but we HAD to it's in his job description to have a valid licence where he resides anyway, sorry getting off topic.. I just kept putting it off.. not smart, I know and low and behold my CA license expired on my last birthday (i thought it was my NEXT B'day but whatever!) and again I found out my blunder when the nice police officer pulled me over for my headlight being out... so anyway I got a ticket for an expired license and it was time to pay the piper I called Arkansas DMV they couldn't find me in their system.. they had to go to an "OLD COMPUTER" (their term not mine) and finally they found me.. I had to call the city of Benton (a city I lived in briefly when we were first married)... she couldn't find me either.. I guess they changed their system of drivers licenses numbers but after a little more looking; low and behold there I was listed as a failer to appear from 1995 I told the lady of my vague recollection that I was certain I had appeared and paid but that I was in need of getting this taken care of and fast and so I said "just tell me what I owe you" she put me on hold (to go to another "old computer" I'm assuming)... got back on the phone and said.. go get your NH license.. I said what do you mean, she said the hold is no longer in the system.. your all set.. I was nearly in tears thanked her over and over almost to embarrassment and the next day went and got my NH license..
TENDER MERCIES!!!
going back even further..
I got laid off at the Elementary School, I got re-assigned to the Middle School IN Hunter's cluster... something that is NEVER done (parents working in same cluster as their own child)!!! Hunter starts having a VERY hard time its evident that SOMETHING is going on with him.. he is way more scattered and disorganized (Even more than usual) and he is floundering and its painful to see but I'M SEEING it for MYSELF... I get feedback from teachers, we speak with school psychologist, I read every book out their about ADHD and I make an appointment with his Pediatrician we sit in this tiny exam room day before yesterday and everything his Dr. is saying is ringing SO TRUE.. Hunter sees it too, he is vocal and participating in the conversation I am PROUD! we talk about our options Medication along with meeting with a specialist to help him learn coping skills and tricks and techniques to help him lead a normal productive life (or at very least get through the 6th grade!).. his DR is through and tells us all the good bad and ugly and of the rare instances of side effects but everything that could possibly happen.. I see Hunter is a little freaked out.. I turn to Hunter and ask HIM.. "what do you think?" he said I don't want to take medicine first.. I have to give him credit for speaking up.. so we are going to start with the specialist and go from there... I have to admit this is a lesson for me too, I am not a patient person and this route will certainly take longer than the quick fix of medicine.. I also know we very well may end up on medicine anyway but I'll know I listened and Hunter knows he was heard and that he is a part of his own life... So we have to go in Tuesday for an E.K.G due to our family history of Heart defects we need to cover all our bases for if we decide on medicine... I'm not too worried but anything having to do with the heart I get a little freaked out by...
All I have to say is how thankful I am for the Tender Mercies of a loving Heavenly Father who knows me and knows what I need even before I do...
Oh and I still had to pay a fine for the ticket.. when your wrong your wrong
ta ta
1 comment:
what a great story! I hope things continue to work out.
Post a Comment