Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm Back

So I got back last night.. I had ALLOT of fun.. I am so grateful for good friends.. this one i went with in particular.. I REALLY feel like she was a total answer to prayer.. After coming from California where I felt like I had NO friends (lots of people who i knew from when i was a kid and even new peeps but no one who i could call and just shoot the breeze or go to each other houses and just hang out) anyway I moved here and we were far from the center of the ward and I really felt like if I wanted to make this move work (and i DID desperately) I needed a FRIEND.. just one.. so I included it in my prayers occassionally.. I even felt a little guilty because We had been blessed in so many ways in our move here, Lo and Behold the TEW family moved in It took a bit for us to click (the Mom and I) but we did and we have ALLOT in common and I am so blessed to have their whole family all of the kids love all of their kids and so it's just great.. anyway the speakers were GREAT.. My only issue with the whole thing and i feel a little aweful for even thinking anything was off was Kenneth Cope who was one of my all time favorite youth speakers was slightly dissopointing.. I mean seeing him through my adult eyes was kind of a wake up call that perhaps i REALLY AM A GROWN UP.. I have to say he kind of gave the same talks he gave when he came to my youth conference when I was 15.. and the whole excited "Jesus Loves You" shouted every 2 minutes, although totally true was well, kinda what I would constantly tell my Beehives when i was a beehive leader.. ok am i going to go to the bad place for complaining about a great talented gifted artist who was only trying to uplift 800 mormon women/?? loved loved loved all the women speakers.. I came home more exhausted then I left but totally uplifted.. Cheri and I ended up talking up until 11pm the night before but i twas fun!
anyway back to the grind...
ta ta

No comments: