So for the last couple of years I have wanted DESPERATELY to go to Time Out for Women but it never fell on a great date for me OR I didn't have anyone to go with and I didn't want to feel like a total looser so I never went alone.. SOOO a friend of mine bought the tickets like 6 months ago (truth be told so we would HAVE to not back out of going) and we leave tomorrow for Springfield Mass. to see these awesome speakers (and Yes Steph Kenneth Cope will be there.. i wonder if he'll remember your pen pal days) we will stay at a hotel tomorrow night then head to the convention center Sat morning (it's a 3 hour drive so we thouht milking an overnight slumber party was in order)... We decided we would skip the friday night festivities only because we are kinda still being "mom's" on friday before we go and this way we won't be rushing to get there..
I'm excited but have to admit feeling a tad bit guilty.. Ben has been working a TON of hours and his first 2 days off in like 2 weeks he'll be both Mom and Dad carting Hunter to Soccer and doing all the house work.. But He's not begrudging me this at all He has really wanted me to go the last few years.. he feels like he goes fishing and camping when ever he wants etc.. so I should get some time.. ok guilt over! But this will be the first time I'm off with out a Husband OR ANY kids for more than a few hours.. i'm kinda excited can you tell?
So I'll be bringing my camera but I'm a little hesitant to look like the aformentioned looser and take pic's of grown ups etc. etc. we'll see..
so you won't hear from me in a couple of days..
ta ta
3 comments:
The last time I saw Kenneth was while I was in college - I did an interview with him for the paper and he definitely remembered me then. We had fun laughing about the pen pal thing. It would be interesting to see him again!
Have fun!
awww... I want to go! :) I'm jealous!
YOU are going to have a blast!!!
So glad you got some time away!
I enjoyed Kenneth Cope in Billings...I had never really heard his songs before that...
So did you go and talk to him...?
Post a Comment